Please find below a summary of your duties and responsibilities, along with our expectations from you. The main qualifications are reliability and a good attitude. The main task – especially at this difficult time – is to ensure that the Flower Market is a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. You will play an essential role in that.
And of course we hope you will also have fun and find the experience rewarding. The existing Flower Market team members feel that doing something positive for Chiswick and working with like-minded people has been a big highlight over the past months and we hope that you will come to feel that too.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control entry/exit and movement of people attending the Market
- Prevent unauthorised access to the site and restricted areas
- Adhere to the Covid-19 safety precautions and instruct visitors accordingly
- Provide traffic management and direct vehicles during set up and take down
- Provide assistance to visitors at the Market (direction to the tube, local recommendations, toilet facilities etc.)
- Monitor visitors and deal with traffic/crowding (including managing conflict)
- Deal with incidents and emergencies and if necessary, provide assistance and support to the emergency services in the event of a major incident.
- Report any anti-social behaviour, illegal activity or perceived dangers to the site manager
- Ensure the health and well-being of all visitors
- Take responsibility for reporting any incidents which could affect the safety of visitors and traders at the event
- Occasional assistance with the movement of equipment or materials during set up and break down of the Market (no heavy lifting is expected).
- Act in a professional manner at all times whilst representing Chiswick Flower Market
- Wear the high-viz jackets which identify you as a representative of the Market
- Wear a mask to protect the safety of visitors to the Market
- Help to clear litter, remove barriers, signage and posters at the close of the market to ensure the area is left clean and tidy.
Qualifications, Skills and behaviours you will need
- Ability to work as a team in a public facing environment – cheerful, smiley, approachable!
- Flexible can-do attitude with an approachable and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to commit to the allocated duty time, punctuality
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Positively represent Chiswick Flower Market and yourself by delivering a high standard of service at all times
- Ensure a smart image and appearance, adhering to the requirement to wear a high-viz jacket
- Ability to make balanced decisions and keep calm in an emergency situation
- Ability to use initiative and work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to follow instructions and seek guidance